Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Countdown-4, 3, 2, 1, OPEN FOR BUSINESS

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

As of today 4 more days until the re-opening of a Tuscaloosa institution. We have been without it since it was destroyed by the tornado on April 27th, 2011. Sure they trucked the product in from another city-4 hours one way from here. We could buy this product at grocery stores and convenience stores, in their boxes that had been sitting there for a couple of days, not quite the same as getting it freshly made. And these stores didn't always have your favorite.

Sometimes there would be a group selling it as a fund-raiser.

The city has missed the flashing HOT, NOW sign of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. On Tuesday August 21 that sign will once again light up. Once again they will be selling their freshly made doughnuts.

Welcome back Krispy Kreme. I haven't had a raspberry filled Krispy Kreme in a long time and I am looking forward to getting my favorite soon.

Once they are open I will truly be a happy camper. My favorite barbecue joint (which was across the street from Krispy Kreme and was also destroyed by the tornado) opened on July 30 in a new location-right next door to Krispy Kreme.

First test run 8/16/2012

Posted Image

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 August 2012 - 08:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hell on earth ,no Krispy's!!! :lmao:

Edited by boopme, 17 August 2012 - 09:38 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hell on earth ,no Krispy's!!! :lmao:

You got that right.

I'm hoping the crave factor isn't to high the day they open. It will be packed to the gills. I'd rather wait a few days before I give in to the craving.

I held out for week before I went to the barbecue joint. AND I went back today, mainly because the first time they screwed up my order and I did not feel like getting back out in the heavy rain to take it back. I called, they took my name, and said "we'll make it right".

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 August 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#4 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Queen Evie,

Well I can tell you ain't excited at all, I mean after all what's to get excited about, It's onlyHOT Fresh Raspberry filled Krispy Kreme's

Me, I wouldn't be excited either,,,I'd be outta my cotton pickin mind with JOY :hysterical:

and just in case your interested, here's somethin you can do with those left over Krispy Kreme's...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/donut-bread-pudding-recipe/index.html

after you crawl outta that corner with raspberry krispy Kreme's all over your happy lil face :hysterical:

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

MissPlaced, that recipe looks good. But I'll not be able to try it because in my house we NEVER have left-over Krispy Kremes.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well, you ladies can have my share. I must say that such does not tempt me at all. Now, if it were a Bavarian Bismark like this one:

Posted Image

I'd be salivating.

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Thank you Orange Blossom. That leaves more for the rest of us.

Up until about 5 or 6 years ago I really did not care much for doughnuts. I rarely had them.

Then I developed a liking for the things. I still don't have them very often but when I do get a craving I like to be able to indulge.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country but here in the South when someone passes away and neighbors/family/friends take food to the family of the deceased there are 2 things that are most provided: fried chicken and boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts if there is a place to get the dougnuts nearby.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 August 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#8 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

I had refrained from postin a picture of these delight's before because i was afraid that Queen Evie and I just might pass out from the sheer joy and excitment..
Orange Blossom you don't know what you're missin gal!!
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now Queen Evie don't A, Lick the screen, B,Hit your face on the screen and C, Faint.....
I'm tryin hard not to... :hysterical:

MissPlaced

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Now Queen Evie don't A, Lick the screen, B,Hit your face on the screen and C, Faint.....
I'm tryin hard not to... :hysterical:

I almost fainted.

That looks like a blueberry filled, NOT RASPBERRY!!!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 August 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

It does look blueberry filled.

I love both blueberries and raspberries, but I'm afraid in a confection such as that, there's too much sugar for me. My stomach, I'm afraid, is feeling a bit queasy just lookin' at the picture. :(

Stomach aside, it does look delightful, doesn't it?

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#11 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

oopppps!!
as usual i gotta do it wrong at least once before i get it right :blush:

NOW HOLD ON TO YER HAT!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MissPlaced

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Krispy Kreme officially opened for business at 6 am this morning.

People are so passionate about their Krispy Kremes that they started lining up last night with sleeping bags, coolers, portable dvd players, and whatever else they wanted to bring to help pass the time. When they finally opened the doors the place was packed. (the local newspaper put pics on its website and KK posted pics on Facebook)

The police department was directing traffic because there were so many cars waiting to get into the parking lot.

I'll wait a few days before I go.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 August 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#13 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Krispy Kreme tried distributing through a convenience store here in NJ where I am. They were OK but seemed pricy for something that was not fresh baked.

We have had long lines when Sonic opens a new location where the police are there handling traffic as it backs up down the shoulder of the highway. That lasts a few days.

I tried their burgers, OK but not fantastic.

They opened a Cheeburger Cheeburger that I pass on the way home. One day I'll try it out.

So far best Burger was the OMG b urger for a local Deli / Restaurant.
$10 4 1/4lbers, american cheese, swiss cheese, provolone, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, Special sauce on garlic Texas Toast And French fries on the side.

You can feed a small family with that one.

Have I made you hungry yet? :)

Cheers
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 August 2012 - 12:28 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#14 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm not hungry right now. I had lunch before I read your post.

However, you have managed to give me a craving for burger. Swiss cheese, onion, bread and butter pickles and mustard.

I do not care for fast food or restaurant burgers. I prefer to make my own-outside on the grill.

I will, usually only a couple of times a year, buy a burger. The only 2 places I will get them from are Mugshots or 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. I prefer Mugshots because I am not locked into getting fries with it since I do not like french fries. I can substitute onion rings.

Mugshots has a black bean burger that is fantastic-I get one of those sometimes instead of beef burger.

#15 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I hadn't thought of trying Bread and Butter Pickles on a Burger.

My grandmother used to pickle her own from cucumbers that they grew in the garden, Yum.

Now I get them when my Brother picks them up from a little Pennsylvania Dutch store and brings them for me.

I'm going to suggest trying them on a Burger to him. Maybe that will give him a craving to try that suggestion.

Regards
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users