Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!
My name is Gringo
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic
Button, select Immediate Notification
, and click on Proceed
. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE:
It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
. Please remember to copy the entire post
so you do not miss any instructions.
I need you to make a bootable usb and to make a screenshot for me - follow the instructions below to do this
How to create a bootable Puppy USB Drive
- Download and save a copy of the latest Puppy ISO file
- Download and save a copy of Unetbootin for Windows.
- Insert an empty formatted USB drive into a USB port on the computer that's being used to create the bootable USB.
- Launch Unetbootin ....
- Ensure that Disk Image is selected.
- Using the browse button ... browse to and select the Puppy ISO file.
- Ensure that Type: is set to USB Drive and that the Drive: letter corresponds to the USB drive.
- Click OK
Unetbootin will now copy the Puppy files to the USB and make it a bootable device.
You need to change the boot order of the computer to boot from a USB drive ....
- Read HERE for instructions how to do this.
Now boot into Puppylinux
when you get to the desktop Click on each of the drive items found in the bottom left corner to mount them (when mounted they will have a red cross next to them)
Next - Launch GParted which is found at Menu > System > GParted partition manager,
Click to select All Drives
then click Okay
I need you to take a screenshot of the window that opens up - to do this follow these instructionsTo take a screenshot in Puppy ....
With the GParted window open ...
- Click menu > Graphic > mtPaint-snapshot screen capture
- A small window will open ....
- Click Capture Now
- Click OK
- The mtPaint program will open ....
- Click File > Save
- Double click on ../
- Double click on mnt/
- Double click on sdb1/
- Set File Format to JPEG
- Enter screenshot1 into the text box
- Click OK
This will save a file screenshot1.jpeg into the USB drive, paste or attach this to your next post
- Click menu > shutdown > power off computer
- If prompted to save the session click on No
Puppy will now close down.
remove the usb and save it - we will use it again - boot back into windows and send me the screen capture