Also, if it would help I could post the CurrPorts report on open Ports.
No need to at the moment.
Please do the following next:Online Gaming Warning!Online gaming sites
are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a large number of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. They can lead to other sites containing malware which you can inadvertently download without knowledge. Users visiting such sites may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads
and malicious Flash ads
that install viruses, Trojans and spyware
. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users. Gaming sites can put you at risk
to fraud, phishing and theft of personal data. Even if the gaming site is a clean site, there is always the potential of some type of malware making its way there and then onto your system. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be successfully cleaned or repaired. In those cases, recovery is not possible and the only option is to reformat/reinstall the OS.
More specifically, I noticed you had WildTangent on your computer.WildTangent Program Warning
Wild Tangent is a video game software company specializing in online games. It has even made a partnership with AOL to include itself as part of the AOL Instant Messenger for their AIM games section. The WildTangent Web Driver is their technology that allows you to play 3D games over the Internet. Although its not
technically considered spyware it does have built in components to update itself and gather information about the computer system including:
- Operating System Version
- CPU Type and Speed
- Memory Amount
- Video Card type and Driver Version
- Sound Card type and Driver Version
- DirectX Version
- Location that the Web Driver was installed from
For that reason I would suggest you uninstalled it via add/remove
.Reboot after the uninstallation.<- Important.Important Note
: Your version of Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 7 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Java Platform, Standard Edition".
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- From the list, select your OS and Platform (32-bit or 64-bit).
64-bit OS users, should read: Which Java download should I choose for my 64-bit Windows operating system?
- If a download for an Offline Installation is available, it is recommended to choose that and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
> Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
or Programs and Features
in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all
older versions of Java.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u6-windows-i586.exe (or jre-7u6-windows-x64.exe for 64-bit) to install the newest version.
- If using Windows 7 or Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered any unwanted software or toolbars during installation, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
- The McAfee Security Scan Plus tool is installed by default unless you uncheck the McAfee installation box when updating Java.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe)
adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications but it's not necessary.
To disable the JQS service
if you don't want to use it:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
- Click Ok and reboot your computer.
: Your version of Adobe Flash is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system
.Uninstall Adobe Flash
- Open Programs and Features or Add and Remove Programs by clicking the Start / Windows "Orb" button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features or Add and Remove Programs.
- Select any program with Adobe Flash in the name, and then click Uninstall.
- Repeat step 2 until no more programs containing Adobe Flash are visible.
Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it. but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click
Change or Repair. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.Please follow these steps to Install the latest Adobe flash player:
Your version of Adobe Reader
. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Adobe components and update:
- Download the latest version of Adobe Reader Version X. and save it to your desktop.
- Uncheck the "Free McAfee Security plan Plus" option or any other Toolbar you are offered
- Click the download button at the bottom.
- If you use Internet Explorer and do not wish to install the ActiveX element, simply click on the click here to download link on the next page.
- Remove all older version of Adobe Reader: Go to Add/remove and uninstall all versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat.
If you are unsure of how to use Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features), the please see this tutorial:How To Remove An Installed Program From Your Computer
- Then from your desktop double-click on Adobe Reader to install the newest version.
If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the "Adobe Setup - Welcome" window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
Your Adobe Reader is now up to date!
Follow the instructions here
to Enable UAC (User Account Control)
Please delete Security Check
on your desktop as it is outdated.
- Download the latest version of Security Check by screen317 from here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document in your next reply.
Please delete Minitoolbox on your desktop
Then download the latest version of MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices (Only Problems)
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
- List Restore points
When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
and post the full contents
of the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
How is the computer running now?