Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD While Gaming

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iFire

iFire

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hello!

So I've had this issue for awhile and would like to try and figure it out. It seems like after I've been gaming for awhile my computer will bluescreen. Doesn't happen any other time though, and not *every* time I play a game. It seems like it only happens in games that are multiplayer and others that are offline only are fine. I didn't install any drivers or update any hardware either.

I attached a txt version of all the minidump files (Through BlueScreenView)
Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dunkindonutz

dunkindonutz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I just had an issue with my BSOD, my fix was the Flash the BIOS, as the FX chipset was having issues with some programs. Just a suggestion.

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hello iFire,

1 ) What is your computer make and model number?

2 ) To help us get a better look at your computer hardware, please follow the instructions below to "Publish a Snapshot" of your system using Speccy.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

Below is for those who cannot get online:
  • Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link, per above instructions. You will need to edit the text file to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

3 ) Since a bad memory module can cause varied BSODs, you should start by testing memory. It is best to test memory outside the Windows operating system, so please follow this post: Windows 7 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ to either create a bootable CD or USB flash drive to run the test.

• My recommendation would be to run MemTest86+ overnight; 12 hours rather than just 7 passes.
  • There should be NO errors reported.
  • The test can be stopped (press ESC key) as soon as an error is reported.
  • See Part 3: If you have errors.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 iFire

iFire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Ok memtest returned an error so I removed one of my ram sticks, will see how that works, and switch it out again if it happens.

My computer was built by myself, so no model name.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dxoiN6ceiHiU8z5PyLVJojQ

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

iFire,

Just a few suggestions:

You could run Memtest86+ with two modules in Dimm1 and 2 while leaving Dimm3 and 4 empty. Test both pairs that way. If you receive an error, test one at at time to find the bad module. I would try to get the memory issue straightened out first.

From Speccy:

You have four hard drives and all are critically short on free space. Below is your system drive:

ST1000DL002-9TT153 ATA Device (Seagate)
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: 70F0E222
Size: 932GB
Used Space: 912GB (98%)
Free Space: 19.6GB (2%)

The drive would operate more efficiently if it had a minimum of 15% free space; the more free space the better. You really need to increase free space by moving large files onto other media or deleting unneeded data.

BIOS
Brand: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: V17.8
Date: 01/10/2011

Checking your motherboard website, I see that there have been a number of BIOS updates. The more recent versions report:
  • Improved memory compatibility
  • Improved USB gaming compatibility

I have used the MSI Live Update 5 utility for both driver and BIOS updates with my MSI Wind netbook without problems. Good idea to update all drivers and BIOS.

Speccy reports: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. No Service Pack 1? My guess is that lack of free hard drive space has kept you from updating.
Once the memory, free space, and drivers/Bios updates have been rectified, you should update to SP1 and all post SP1 updates.

I may be wrong, but I see no anti-virus installed. Virus activity and BSODs often go hand in hand.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users