Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop screen replacement and general disassembly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 misteraied

misteraied

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

I own a Sony Vaio F2 Series laptop that suffered physical damage to the screen one day while it was sitting in my backpack. There is a black point on the screen and spider cracks spreading out from it. I have to replace it because I can't see anything. I did a web search for service guides and troubleshooting online, but I found nothing to help me disassemble this PC. Assuming I wanted access to the fan to clean it, I have attempted removing the bottom shell of the computer but it won't pop off even if I take all the screws out. As for the LCD itself, it has absolutely no screws around the bezel and no rubber to hide a screw. I don't know where I should apply force because I don't want to further damage the computer. The keyboard is not removable externally because like the MacBook, the panel containing the controls is one piece with the rest of the body. I really don't want to send it back to Sony to get repairs because I know for a fact that it is absurdly expensive. A local repair shop has offered me a reasonable price but I want to take a shot at it first because I know parts are available online. Just want to know if anyone out there can help me on taking apart the chassis. Thanks for any help in advance.

Full Specifications:
Brand/Series: Sony Vaio F Series
Model: VPCF23JFX/BC
Color: Matte Black
CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
Screen: 16.4" (1920x1080)
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 540M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Look for related videos on Sony Vaio laptops screen replacement or a user guide disassembly pdf manual instead.

Tekken

#3 TaylorW

TaylorW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Misteraied,

The LCD bezel for the Sony Vaio F2 completely snaps on. It is usually best to undo all the latches by lifting from the inner edges of the front bezel. Now, for the rest of the computer, you can probably get it apart by carefully using a flat-blade or razor to prey it open.

Hope this helped!! :)

Taylor W
Mod Edit: Removed business affiliation data - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 08 September 2012 - 02:18 PM.
Edit - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users