Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malicious site mysearchresults.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ketanco

ketanco

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hello,
I made the mistake of installing a couple free video editing programs and this malicious search engine or toolbar or whatever it is, called mysearchresults.com starting to automatically show up in my IE, Chrome and firefox. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled again and from firefox it is gone but although i did the same to chrome it is still there. And from the chrome options i can not get rid of it as it even managed to change the settings and options stuff for chrome.

How can I get rid of this unwanted toolbar and search engine that frustrates me so much. Please help me to get rid of this. also am in infected with a virus and what else can i do?

note: it also caused my desktop background to set to defult for some reason. when i turned my pc off and on i mean...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Uninstall Chrome this way.....

• Go to Start > All Programs > Google Chrome > Uninstall Google Chrome.
  • Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, by selecting the "Also delete browser data" checkbox.
  • Select the default browser you'd like to use.
  • Click OK in the confirmation prompt.
The uninstall process will begin.

Install fresh copy.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users