Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Contacts randomly blocked? Contacts not added on web?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lishy

Lishy

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hi. I have somewhat of a weird problem here. Some of my MSN contacts were randomly blocked/unblocked. And later, certain contacts were not "added" as a contact on web messenger (preventing me from talking to them on Hotmail's web messenger). There was also an issue where even though me and my friend had each other added, we were appearing offline to each other without being blocked. He did not see me back online until he deleted and re-added me.

It just seemed like general hectic chaos, and after logging back into windows and fixing my blocks/unblocks, I had to "add" people to my messenger on the web because they did not appear added/online on messenger on the web, even though they were added and functional on the client itself.

I know my explanation here is a little chaotic too, but that's really because I don't know WTF went on here. But I DO know for sure it is not a virus since a majority of my time is spent on Linux, and I change my password constantly (while in Linux as well.) So it is highly unlikely to be malware.

My theory is this is some server-sided glitch. I've done googling, and that seemed to be the general consensus from results like these:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101019114334AAz8NmF

This also apparently happens to my thread who himself a techie. He also uses Linux.

However, I did not come across a bleepingcomputer thread yet. And this is the first time it ever happening to me.

So for primarily the issue of contacts being randomly blocked/unblocked, what does bleepingcomputer think? Do you think it's a server-sided issue? Is there any explanation why this could happen to me in particular, and advice how to prevent/fix this completely?

I hope my this thread isn't too hard to understand since it's 3am... But I'd really appreciate if someone could explain to me their theory what went on here! Thanks!

Edited by Lishy, 17 August 2012 - 02:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users