Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.net Framework Initializarion Error . . . Damnit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 userap

userap

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

help. when i startup my "My Documents" folder opens and i get two identical error messages saying the following:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded

can anyone help me out?

btw - hi. i'm coming back to this site after getting great advice on how to fix the nasty Winfixer bug. hope i can get some more good advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

Do you have the latest version of .net framework installed? Go HERE to find out more info.

You could always uninstall the v1.1 you have and reinstall it following the link provided above.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 12 March 2006 - 09:51 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 userap

userap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

i did not find .NET\Framework... v1.1 in my list of programs. so i followed your link, followed the instructions and tried to download it from microsoft, but it was unable to update the following (the only one unsuccessful):

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

after rebooting, i still don't see .NET\Framework...v1.1 in my list of programs.

since your solution didn't seem to pan out, and the problem (see original post) hasn't gone away, i fear we can't settle for palliative measures. anyway, i really appreciate your help.

oh, and Frankenstein, i'm a neurosurgeon . . . i'm so smart, i can make you dumber!

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

i'm so smart, i can make you dumber!

I would rather have a bottle in front of me....
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

At this point I would continue to update your computer through Microsoft update. You can do this either through the link I provided, or go to:

Start > All Programs > Windows update (usually near the top of the list).

Choose 'express install' and keep updating until there are no more updates. BTW, you will need to validate your copy of XP with Microsoft in order to get updates, so keep trying to install the validater. Is it possible that you don't have a legitamite version of XP? I guess you will learn that for sure once you download and install the validater, then the next time you log in to get updates you have to go through a simple validation process before the next updates will download.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users