Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

random pdf pop ups, router reset

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 caution

caution

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hey there,

Getting nervous because some strange things are happening.

I have been getting random disconnects from the internet. It will connect again if I pull the power from the router and then plug back in.

On two of our pcs a random .pdf popped up that nobody would have opened before.

Then tonight, internet was running fine until I tried to browse on my pc (the one with .pdf pop up). Disconnect happened again. Tried the usual trick but wouldn't reconnect.
Windows wasn't even seeing it as a active wireless.

I went to router web page and I couldn't log in with my password. I then tried the default password and it worked. Went through the settings and the router had no security. Looked like it was reset to factory defaults(no one, other then me would know how to do this). I went through the whole process, new password to enter, new password to connect, new SSID name etc.... It was then that I realized the PCs were finding the network, just the unsecured one!

When the .pdf should up on the 2 pcs I ran MBAM(quick scan) on one and GMER and ESET on the other and the results were clean.

I am terrified that someone has access to our computers. I won't even let family get on internet, boy they are not happy. I have disabled internet on all but one pc, which I am hard-wired. I don't know if that is any safer.

Please advise and TIA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hello, the best way to be certain is to repost this with the logs below.

Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 caution

caution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Thanks, will do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users