Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MiRC connects multiple rooms

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I like to chat on several different IRC networks, and several different rooms. I chat in one room on one network, 3 on another, and I found another one today. Yeah, I like to chat on IRC. :)

Anyway, I simply want 5 rooms open on MiRC. MiRC makes this very difficult.

Posted Image

MiRC wants to connect to all the rooms, even though I specifically coded it to connect to certain rooms on certain servers.

on 1:start: {
server irc.pugirc.net
server -m irc.rizon.net
server -m irc.snoonet.com
}
on 1:connect: {
if ($network == Pugirc) {
join #hangout
}
else if ($network == Rizon) {
join #4rc,#hockeysfuture,#shawty,#hangout
}
else if ($network == Snoonet) {
join #cfb
}
}

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I find MIRC to be quite easy!

I have had 5 or 6 tabs open @ once and I can switch between them @ will...... (I havent ever tried connecting to multiple servers @ once.. Only 1 server @ a time)

I dont really like IRC as your info is available TO EVERYONE who does a /whois and im not sure about the integrity of +x on most servers.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users