Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB wireless device

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AKehl

AKehl

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Had a good thing going and everything working until a virus showed up. Wiped the hard drive, reloaded the Windows XP OS, loaded other software from discs, but the (Cisco) Linksys AE2500 USB wireless device won't light up and when I try to install the software from the disc, it says, "The application failed to initialize properly. (0xe015002) Click OK to terminate the application. I have verified that the USB port works with flash drives.

You have no idea how much I will appreciate any help. THANKS!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

The application failed to initialize properly. (0xe015002) Click OK to terminate the application

0xc0150002??

Install

Visual C ++

Restart the PC and try to install the software

If that fails,you need to download latest updates(C++ and framework) and then install the software

good luck

#3 AKehl

AKehl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks so much for the response. I downloaded from the link and restarted the computer. When I started to run the software I ran into the same error. Where can I find the C++ updates.

Thanks again for the help.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Click on

Startmenu>>All programs>>Windows update

Install all critical updates

#5 AKehl

AKehl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Again, I really appreciate the help.

Downloaded all critical updates, restarted the computer, and unfortunately received the same error. I've also noticed that the Cisco USB router does not light up "blue" like it used to. Thanks for the help.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

AKehl, just a thought :-

Obviously if you cannot install your Linksys device, you cannot connect to the internet with that computer, but if you can connect through another one - a friend's or a public one - you could go to the Linksys web-site and download the latest XP drivers for that model onto a memory stick and install from that. But use the correct install system. Most wireless units ask that you start the install with the unit disconnected, and then during the install process you are told when to plug the unit in.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Press Windows+R key and type

devmgmt.msc and click ok

Do you find any warnings,unknown devices?

Edited by narenxp, 17 August 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#8 AKehl

AKehl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Guys, thanks again for the assistance. Hit the Windows and R keys and didn't find any errors or unusual devices. I have the PC hooked up to the router with a cable so that's how I'm able to use the internet, download Windows XP updates, etc.

I downloaded the latest Linksys drivers and they end up in a folder titled "xp" In the folder are the following files of which I'm not sure what to do with any of them.

AE1200xp.sys
AE1200xp64.sys
AE2500xp.sys
AE2500xp64.sys
bcmh43xx.cat
bcmh43xx64.cat
bcmwlcoi.dll
bcmwlcoi64.dll
bcmwlhigh5.inf
Again, thanks everyone....

#9 velojym

velojym

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

AKehl, just a thought :-

Obviously if you cannot install your Linksys device, you cannot connect to the internet with that computer, but if you can connect through another one - a friend's or a public one - you could go to the Linksys web-site and download the latest XP drivers for that model onto a memory stick and install from that. But use the correct install system. Most wireless units ask that you start the install with the unit disconnected, and then during the install process you are told when to plug the unit in.

Chris Cosgrove

That, and/or just plugging in via your ethernet port if you have one.

#10 AKehl

AKehl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Chris, thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, this model of wireless router device has a USB connection and this wouldn't fit in the Ethernet port.

I'm back to the drawing board on this. Nothing seems to be working as I simply cannot get the drivers loaded for the device.
Thanks again everyone for reading, responding, etc.

AKehl

#11 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

check device manager for the wireless device ,is it showing its installed correctly ,if not install drivers for the wireless device .click on the download tab ,select hardware version ,choose winxp driver
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/adapters/AE2500

Edited by caperjac, 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#12 AKehl

AKehl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

SUCCESS!!!!!

Apparently, rather than using the Setup CD or downloading the drivers from the Linksys site, I needed to physically plug in the device first, then go to the "Add Hardware" routine, then search for the drivers on the CD.

It worked!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who responded. I would have never figured this out on my own.
AKehl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users