Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash video freezes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sheryle

Sheryle

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

My laptop crashed and was reloaded from my backup. I lost some programs and am slowly getting back up to speed. It took a dozen tries to finally load Adobe Flash. Now any video from anywhere freezes after playing just a few seconds. A google search finds a lot of similiar problems but no real solutions. Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

maybe you problem is hardware related,harddrive getting bad or video device ,ect ect ,why did you computer crash

Edited by caperjac, 15 August 2012 - 04:52 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Sheryle

Sheryle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I said crashed, actually it became unusable due to "fbi ransomware" and a friend cleaned and reloaded it. I am a techno DUMMY so I really don't know what he did but that was my understanding. It is a Dell Latitude D830. I guess it is getting old by computer standards but it has been dependable and serves my needs.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

what browser are you using to view the videos .

#5 Sheryle

Sheryle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

I have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox all with the same results.

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

i would start with making sure i have all windows critical updates ,and make sure i had latest Flash ,and java installed . check in device manage and make sure all device are installed ,no red or yellow X's on any devices

flash download .uncheck the mcafee if you do download this version of flash
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

this may not be necessary but read a few suggestions that it will help ,most good working windows machines have it installed
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users