Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can you help me with WebPart Question for Sharepoint 2010?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSe

AndrewSe

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi

I don't see any questions in here about SharePoint but wonder if anyone can help with this one. We have a corporate SharePoint that we create systems on for various business users. We do not have server access to the Share only front-end.

For one of our applications I created an email announcement list that is emailed by a SQL Server Integration Services package task. When our package runs it sends an email that displays the message on the webpart frame above the data view as to the current state of play with the data.

This is fine except that when a user creates a custom view of the data view, which they do a lot, this Webpart does not show up above the data view. I could add it manually but this would be an administration nightmare for me trying to maintain and delete view on 8 different sites with no idea when and where views are being created.

So I wonder if anyone can hazard a guess as to how I can make this Webpart appear on each custom view as well as the default view (it is imported here as a Webpart); I imagine there is going to be some sort of programming involved, which I don't mind to much but not got much experience in doing this in SharePoint?

Thanks for any input

Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users