Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Cannot Connect to printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have two computers I want to connect to a network printer. The printer is a Konica Minolta. When I try to connect it to these computers I get:

windows cannot connect to the printer operation failed with error 0x00000002

Both computers are windows 7 and previously were connected to the printer. I had to reinstall the OS on both machines thus the reason Im reconnecting the printer to them. The computers are attached to our domain.

Other computers in the office are able to connect to and use this printer.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

You can have look at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/f12d3a68-00a7-412e-a210-e0f23d2b5c7d/

If that doesn't take care of the issue, try to restart the service Printer Spooler service

To open services.msc panel (first part is for XP and second image is for Windows 7):

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users