Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Reading Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Russafiii

Russafiii

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

My DVD drive has been having trouble reading CD and DVD's lately, I try to install games like The Sims 2, and Civilization IV and it starts not reading ceartain parts of the discs, The Sims 2 has minor scratches that shouldn't really matter, but Civilization IV is brand new.....like just bought 10 minutes ago brand new, some CD's work perfectly, which are more scratched then these ones, I'm going to try cleaning the disc drive now, but if theres anything else you can think of that would cause these problems and a possible way to fix it that would be nice....if you can even make sense of my blabbing, I'm not very good at explaining things.

800MHZ Celeron Processor
256 MB RAM
256 MB Geforce FX 5500 Video Card
Lite-on DVDRW DL Drive

Thanks ahead of time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

sounds like it is getting weak , just replace it to see the difference, if not return the p[roduct, it sounds like a simple solution, i think it really is here.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 Russafiii

Russafiii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

Whenever I open my cd drive and close it again I get this error which may have something to do with my problem

An exception 0E has occured at 0028:C004C715 in VxD VFAT(01) + 0000CC25. This was called from 0028:11834640 in VxD voltrack(04) + 00000430

Can anyone explain to me what that means, and if it may have anything to do with my DVD drive not working properly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users