Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What power connector type for Maxtor DiamondMax10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darkchild101

darkchild101

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

I have the above drive Maxtor DiamondMax10 Model1; 6VD08E0 to add to an existing one (different make)

Not sure what power connector to get for it. So consfusing when i looked on ebay

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hi,

Maxtor DiamondMax10

Power connector

Regards,
Brooks

#3 darkchild101

darkchild101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi Artrooks
Thanks for your reply. Looking at the connector, so where is the power going to come from since those three things all go into the HDD. I think so anyway

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Model 6VD08E0 does not seem to exist. Maxtor DiamondMax10 could be PATA or SATA.

Look at the two data cables shown here http://www.computer-hardware-explained.com/sata-vs-ide.html

Then if it is the SATA you need the SATA power connector, if it is IDE then you need the 4 pin, usually white molex connector for power.

The white on in this picture is what a IDE power connector looks like, The black end is the SATA power connector.
I would expect that the Power supply should have both these days.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

where is the power going to come from since those three things all go into the HDD.

Your power supply should have leads that look like the lower two connectors. Just plug the power supply molex connector into the hard drive. The picture is a Y-splitter. You would need one if there were no more available molex connectors on your power supply. The pictured top connector (male) would plug into a power supply molex and give you two (female) connectors for additional devices.

Edited by Artrooks, 15 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Regards,
Brooks

#6 darkchild101

darkchild101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I have just checked on the HDD it says 80GB SATA 3.0Gb HDD

Hope that helps. Let me trry take a picture of the HDD

#7 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

If it's a SATA drive look at rotor123's post. He shows the data cable. The power connection would look like the two black connectors: this or this. Again, these are Y-splitters and would attach to your power supply cable if needed.

Edited by Artrooks, 15 August 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users