Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 blue screen crash after startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MythrilZenith

MythrilZenith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hello!

I am currently running a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with Windows 7. I have not had many problems that I haven't been able to deal with via Malware Bytes and Windows Security Essentials, but this is one of them.

It started about 2-3 days ago. When loading up my computer in normal mode, it seems to go up fine. About a week ago it has been popping up a file it doesn't know how to open; Opening via Notepad simply shows it as a file listing my computer networks, and titled my login name.

About a minute later, whether I close the file, leave it open, or don't even do anything, my computer instantly closes down, showing the generic "blue screen of death" (computer system failure, forcing reboot, dumping physical memory to disk, all that fun stuff.) It then brings me to the failed shutdown screen, allowing me to log into safe mode, wherein everything works fine (I'm currently running it in safe mode + networking). This "failed shutdown" screen also happens when I choose to put my computer into sleep/hibernate mode as well (when I'm able to log in).

Whenever I scan with Malware Bytes (MSE doesn't find anything), it always finds two Trojan.Agents at C:\\Windows\svchost.exe The program number (or whatever you call it) is always different every time I scan (sometimes 1740, sometimes 1360, sometimes higher or lower, it feels random).

For the past 2-3 days this has been happening, but I was usually able to start up my computer in normal mode after running a safemode Malware Bytes scan and then restarting, but today it won't let me into normal mode, no matter what I try.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 August 2012 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Boot into safemode with networking

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results

Download

aswMBR

Launch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitions
Click the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log

Post the log results here

Download

ESET online scanner

Install it

Click on START,it should download the virus definitions
When scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threats

Export the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply