Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver and Keyboard not Talking

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 erjorg

erjorg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi, I recently purchased a 40K5372 IBM Wired USB Keyboard (the "FRU" number is 40K9400), to replace my previous Lenovo USB wired keyboard 41A5161. I'm using Windows XP professional.

I downloaded the driver for the new keyboard from here:

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-63629

I installed the driver. The keyboard and ultra nav work fine, but mouse controls in the control panel for the ultra nav have not appeared (I need the controls merely to set the cursor movement speed). When I reconnect my old Lenovo keyboard, the mouse controls reappear.

Can anyone help? IBM technical support person was unable to help without a contract (even though I'm under warranty!) and then I was transferred me to Lenovo technical support and Lenovo was unable to help (I have an IBM product, so no wonder).

Thanks, Eric

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users