Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Reinstall Windows Without Having to Reactivate?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Goodspeed

Goodspeed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

I am running W7 Pro 32 bit......fresh installed it with activation but found that the install wasn't to my perfection. 2 hours later formatted the drive & re installed W7. On activation got an error, with several options.......had to call the 1-888 # for support & they gave me 8 i.e A-G 6 digits for each to activate, got activated.

This is my 1st experience like this, earlier re installed had no issues with activation. Is the reason that the re install was quick & MS wanted to be sure of no piracy, counterfeit?

Is this activation as good as online activation?

Tried this http://www.howtogeek.com/75496/how-t...to-reactivate/ but it doesn't work........?

Hoping to hear from you like always before.....

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

microsoft will as for phone activation after 5 or 6 changes in hardware or reinstall,happens with me a lot

what error message if any did you receive from the program you tried

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users