Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Import .dbx Files To Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:59 AM

Hi guys,

I have made a format disk and am recovering everything. I had five folders in my Outlook Express that I saved to import after reinstallation, all of them are under the .dbx extension; however, they are not coming up.

I could import old folders that I had in another back-up (to try if importing was a problem), and it worked out, but these old folders contain irrelevant information.

The error pop-up says: 'No messages can be foudn in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open.'

I tried to copy and paste the folders in the 'Identities | Number | Microsoft | Outlook Express folder but it is not working either.

Suggestions? (I really need those folders to work).

Thank you so much for your time and effort.

Julian.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:39 PM

i usually get that message when i import, it asks location, and i forget to "browse" to the location it is stored, ex: c:backup\mail . or whereever you saved it to. if you look closely, while importing, it defaults to the current stores locvation when it asks where to look.
did this help?
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

Thank you, but it did not help.

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:54 PM

ok, try changing the "stores" location to that of your backup.
BTW they arent zipped r they?
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users