Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1Click Download; urgent please help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Super14

Super14

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hello. Yesterday I downloaded an installer of 1ClickDownload on my computer by accident off of a fake torrent/download site and installed it without realizing what I had done.
There was an application that appeared called 1Click Download that looked a lot like a fake anti malware program (making false claims and etc.)

I took these steps:
1. I immediately shut off my computer
2. went into safe mode w/ networking
3. checked if they changed my lan settings on my web browser
4. downloaded rkill in the explorer.exe renamed format
5. reinstalled malwarebytes and scanned
6. Rkill found nothing to terminate and malwarebytes also found nothing
7. I also ran TDSSkiller in safe mode but the results came out as the false positives and results that were brought up before i downloaded this malware.

- I found a new file in my Program Files (x86) and it was named 1ClickDownload with one .exe file inside. (I deleted that)
- I also found a restore point for the day before I installed this so I went ahead and restored.
I just wanna know if I should be safe or if I should run more scans and tests?

Computer seems to be running fine and normal (even before I restored)

Also is it possible this malware could have stolen some my passwords?
I had a few remembered passwords and I was logged in an account or two when I got the malware.
Otherwise since then I haven't entered a password and I also deleted all my history and remembered passwords through my web browser.
Is it possible to steal a password that wasn't saved or remembered during the malware but I had saved it and logged into the account before the malware happened?

- I just wanna know what steps I can take to ensure my computer is safe to use again for personal use and to ensure its malware-free.
I've looked everywhere about information regarding this virus but I haven't found a solution..
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Super14, 14 August 2012 - 12:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users