Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reinserting flash drive into reinstalled comp?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

For awhile now my mouse has been very erratic, and I want to reinstall my comp to rid the problem. My antivirus & Malwarebytes' are not finding the problem.

With all my files now on a flash drive, is it possible to re-contract whatever is giving me mouse problems when I stick the drive back in a fresh installed comp? I highly doubt it, but I want another person's opinion.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Install Panda USB Vaccine, or BitDefender’s USB Immunizer on your computer to protect it from any infected USB device.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Curious Mew

Curious Mew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Thanks I will try this, but how exactly does it work? All the virus software I have tried never really blocks the infection, just quarantines it after the infection happens. How can I be sure these 2 programs won't do the same?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Basically the above programs prevent anything form autoexecute from an external drive so nothing malicious on your USB drive can jump into your hard drive.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users