Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless desktop combo randomly gone wacko

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chris 22

Chris 22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Via a Google search, I found this ancient post from 2007: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic115760.html
It really comes close to describing my intermittent issue.

home-built machine with:
XP Pro SP3 and all patches
ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Rev1 mobo
socket 478 Intel 865PE chipset
P4 3Ghz (running hyperthread)
2GB RAM BIOS AMI ?1009.003 09/05/05?
Logitech wireless desktop MX-3100 (Y-RR54 Keyboard) with Logitech (M-RAG97) MX1000 Laser mouse

MS Essentials antivirus, Comodo firewall & Defense+ all up to date.
Also use free versions of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Spyware Blaster

I've never had a virus issue that wasn't flagged and gotten rid of...and when I did it was years ago and not even sure if it was on this machine or not, BUT...I'd come close to calling what I'm seeing, a really odd thing.

Right now, it's working fine. But when it starts is another story. The thing types 'bass-ackwards', the cursor runs to the left like the arrow key is being held down, If I move the mouse over a window, it will grab the focus of that window, sometimes when that happens what ever is in that window will scroll to the left....like the left arrow key is held down. Can really be a pain sometimes.

I've tried posting at Logitech, no one responded.

I've had this Logitech combo since I built the system in 2007. Ran fine until I changed the batteries....yea, I said changed the batteries in the keyboard for the second time since I bought it, and it started this immediately. I put the old batteries back in last month and the problem went away.....they finally went belly-up dead and I had to put new ones in, and it stated again. Well...I'm no genius, but I can't see this happening....

I can't say for sure that any software might be causing this...I did have an issue once with audio drivers that would loose the sound after running VideoReDo for a long period of time. A reinstall of the driver fixed that issue. I use that program a lot so if it is effecting the Mouse/Keyboard in some odd way, I'd be hard pressed to tell. In that case and in this one, I think a simple log-off and back on restores functionality. At least it has once since reading the post, mentioned above, jogged my mind to experiment.

I can't think of anything else to say.....except....Ideas Please?

Thanks for you time,

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 13 August 2012 - 11:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users