Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Error Log files upon startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CrplVxN

CrplVxN

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!
Well I first started to think i was infected but after completing 5 scans with four different scanners i believe I am not. All followed from the BleepingComputer.com virus removal guide. Well I am now going through my Event Logs under Andministrative.

They are saying that I recieve five error logs upon starting up. I am getting a constant
*****The previous system shutdown at 12:03:33 AM on ‎8/‎13/‎2012 was unexpected......... Event 6008, Event Log

Now I do not remember having ever downloaded AMD Overdrive for the next one
*****The AODDriver4.01 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified.......Event 7000, SCM
I Did search for the specified file and it is indeed missing .

******The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: FileDisk........Event 7026, SCM
I am not even sure how to replace service or registry files when they vanish

****** Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xAC8112662AE6. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server...... Event 1001, DHCP-Client

******The HP Network Devices Support service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found.....Event 7023, Service Control Manager

I am running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium With AMD PhenomII p650 dual-core processor @ 2.60GHz I remember putting in two upgraded 4 gb memory modules but i guess when i took it to geek squad he did what he wanted and so i have 6.00 GB installed memory running service pack 1.

I would love to know if i can pull these system files : services or registry entries from a backup or and system image individually without doing a restore or factory default reset

Edited by CrplVxN, 13 August 2012 - 12:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CrplVxN

CrplVxN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

I have already done an administrative command prompt SFC /scannow. It found nothing. I have also done a double ping in command prompt for my IP and so on. I found no errors that i could see.:axe: I have been trying to work on this for two days solid and i am just not coming up with and results. I have been looking for some help on this site as well and microsoft and my two CompTIA A+ and Strata books. Are there any other resources anyone can think of i haven't utilized?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users