Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"wrong Disc Inserted"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blueczar

blueczar

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:21 AM

Hi could someone help with this problem, I just bought Railroad Tycoon 3, and installed it on my computer using the "Install Disc" which seemed to work fine, then I tried to play the game using the "Play disc" but it brings up an error message saying "Wrong disc inserted". Neither disc will start the game.

I thought there might be something wrong with the "Play disc" but the funny thing is that everything on the menu works -- except playing the game! When I insert the play disc the following menu comes up:

*Play RT3 (brings up "Wrong disc inserted" message)
*Readme (works fine)
*Register (works fine)
*Map Builder (works fine)
*Loco-Commotion (a separate game which is on the disc which works fine)

I checked the net and the exact same problem is described at this forum here but there didnt seem to be a solution there

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

From what I understand on this forum that you supplied us, the problem could be because any CD/DVD burning programs. Such as: Nero (5, 6, 7), Roxio, also if you have any kind of CD/DVD emulators installed, it would give you the same problem. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Also, looks like I can't play RT3 either >.<

I'm sure if you uninstalled Nero or any buring programs you might have, then installed the game it would probably work. I don't know for 100%, it's just a theory.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 blueczar

blueczar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

thanks for replying, I dont have any burning programs, dont even have a DVD burner. I wonder if its some other program, I thought norton might have been interfering but I disabled that and it still didnt work.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

thanks for replying, I dont have any burning programs, dont even have a DVD burner. I wonder if its some other program, I thought norton might have been interfering but I disabled that and it still didnt work.

Try uninstalling the game, the disabling your antivirus (DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET FIRST!), then reinstalling the game. Not sure if this will fix it, but I've run into similar problems with games, and the AV has been the problem. I think that it has something to do with not allowing the game to install an execution file for starting the game.....or something like that. Just be sure to uninstall the game first, then disconnect from the internet before you disable your AV.

If that fails, I'd try uninstalling Nero (or whatever software you have for burning Cd's) and then reinstall the game.

Again, not sure if either one of these are the problem, but hopefully it'll help! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users