Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make fancy ebay gallery pics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSe

AndrewSe

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hi

What applications is it people use to make those fancy eBay listing pictures, for example i've seen ones with smoothed edges, banner strips with writing, general text and flags such as UK/US seller and a UK or US Flag. I'm quite sure it's photoshop, am I right?

I won't put links to eBay for obvious reasons

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by AndrewSe, 13 August 2012 - 06:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graphicsman

graphicsman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

anything in regards to photo editing may be done in Photoshop or a free opensource solution like Gimp

#3 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

You are thinking of html style listings. You will need a web page editor to do something like this. I reccomend you use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) style editor. after you design the listing you need to copy the source code and paste it into the new listing under the HTML tab.

Preview your page to make sure that it turned out ok.

and you should be set.

DreamWeaver would be the most suitable software for this task, however it is proprietary to Adobe and rather expensive as a result. If you would like to get feel for designing web pages without the heavy investment right off the bat, you may want to try Kompozer or another open source editor. Here is a webpage that lists a few other open source programs. Kompozer, you will see at the top, that will likely be your best bet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users