Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some On page functionality not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSe

AndrewSe

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hi All

Sorry I can't be really specific about this problem but i'll describe as best as I can:

Using

HP Compaq nc6120 laptop
Xp Pro
Firefox latest edition

I've noticed that on some pages I visit there is things missing from the page and when I check on our home PC they are available such as if I look at youtube the youtube graphic at the top left is missing, drop downs are missing such as in embed function. I get emails with say a table showing details of a product in the email and it is not there when I use my laptop. I was also trying to post a job on a blog forum - I do blogging - and the preview function for the post didn't work, it took me back to the start page. It was only after I checked our home PC that it worked.

Not sure if this is something to do with the Web browser something not updated, or something missing either from PC or FF. My laptop recently had the hard drive swapped over from another similar one that got damaged, only thing I had to do was install the Ethernet driver and didn't notice anything else wrong, well anything too obvious.

Also recently had the fake smart hard drive virus but I think I had this issue before that.

Sorry can't be more specific, if something is missing I may not notice until i do a compare and contrast with my home PC, and I may not notice unless I am very familiar with the site already and need to specifically use the functionality on the Website.

Thanks for any input or pointers as to what to check

Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

Welcome to BC Andrew!

Also recently had the fake smart hard drive virus but I think I had this issue before that.

Did you resolved the issue? Regarding the fake hard drive failing see here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-data-recovery
If you think you are still infected, please ask to be moved for the malware experts will guide you.

Tekken

#3 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hi

I don't think I am still infected, besides I had this issue before the disk corrupted bug. I am not sure if there is something missing due to my disk change over to the other laptop. Is there any way of checking? As an aside I would like to double-check I am not infected anyway, in that case what forum do I post my details in?

Thanks

Andrew

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think you already have an active thread in BC regarding your possible infection issue.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users