Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YeOldeCodger

YeOldeCodger

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

I have a freind that uses an ISP called Utility Wharehouse. and the servers are for email pop.uwclub.net and smtp.uwclub.net. These work fine with his @uwclub.net email address. He has a bought domain name email xxxx@xxxx.co.uk How does he set this up in Outlook 2007?
pop is mail.xxxx.co.uk. not sure smtp but usually is is ether the same or smtp.xxx.co.uk, so I set it up like this: pop....mail.xxx.co.uk smtp....smtp.uwclub.net as this is his ISP with his ISP username and password.
This seems not to work as a windows comes up regarding his xxxx@xxxx.co.uk username and password which he insists is correct.
Any tutorials on how to use this second paid for account on another ISP via Outlook 2007?

THX in advance
Codger

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Has your friend checked the support pages for xxxx.co.uk?

Someone may be able to help with the settings if we knew what xxxx is. Including it will not cause any harm. There is nothing anyone can do with it without the actual email address name (which we don't need to know because posting email addresses in a public forum is a no-no).

I did find something for home.co.uk but since I don't know if this is what xxxx is won't post it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 August 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#3 YeOldeCodger

YeOldeCodger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for coming back.
I did say to him that I suggest going to the company support to talk him through the setup but as uusual he hs lost details and only seems to know that the company is called 365 but on searching I cannot find a hoster or domain seller with combinations of 365 just betting sites.
The name is jemerson.co.uk which my friend paid for for two years apparently and judging by other sellers he was shafted by the price.
As I say his ISP is Utility Wharehouse and their pop is pop.uwclub.net and smtp.uwclub.net This jemerson.co.uk pop is I think mail.jemerson.co.uk .......This was what was there when I checked when it went wrong. Its just I don`t really know how to set the second account up. I read something about exchange but I got lost half way through.

the email typed in as an account is xxxx@jemerson.co.uk and he insists his password is correct and case sensative.
Thx again, I`d rather dump this and sign up with someone better but he wants this name.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

I wish I could help you but without knowing who he purchased the domain name from there is nothing that I can suggest.

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

A trace of the IP comes back to http://www.host365.com/

Here are two articles on how to setup POP and SMTP.

http://support.host365.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=5&nav=0,1,2 - How to setup POP3

http://support.host365.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=6&nav=0,1,2 - SMTP Server Info

---
http://support.host365.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=2&pcid=1&nav=0,1 - POP3 Knowledge Base articles for Host365.

#6 YeOldeCodger

YeOldeCodger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

DONE IT! Thanks guys for the trace it was the site. Where I was going wrong was where I put in the username. Usually it requires the full email address but this one only required the neme before the @ symbol. Stupid aint I. But at least you found the hoster .phewwwwwww

Thx a bunch
Codger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users