Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Page On Desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

El Bandito

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

While I was on the internet, a web page made itself take up most of my desktop. Originally it said all this crap about SPYWARE FOUND OMG OMG OMG!!!, but I edited the source so now it's just a blank page, but I can't get rid of it. I've used Spybot SD, Ad-Aware, AVG, and Xoftspy, and nothing was found, and there's no program running that could have caused it (I checked all the processes in Task Manager, and they're all ok), so I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 El Bandito

El Bandito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

never mind, I found an older topic with the same problem and that fixed mine, so this post is invalid now.

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:45 AM

Hi El Bandito, :thumbsup: to BC

never mind, I found an older topic with the same problem and that fixed mine, so this post is invalid now.

I am glad you found a solution to your problem, but do you think it might be possible to share the answer with us so others with the same problem may benefit?
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users