Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marshy

marshy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

hi my computer shuts down displaying the words invalid scan freq i was wondering if this could possibly be a monitor problem sometimes it takes up to 2 hours to restart and sometimes it will restart straight away i am hoping somebody might be able to pick the problem thanks marshy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:00 AM

What kind of third party hardware{did not come with the computer} do you have installed? After it does boot, can you access the net? Are you using a router or modem to connect? Best way to start is unhook all cables, etc to the net and see if the error presists.

Edited by gunner, 12 March 2006 - 02:01 AM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 marshy

marshy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:15 AM

thanks for the info i think i might have found the answer i hope it was the wrong monitor setting have corrected it now so time will tell thanks again marshy

#4 marshy

marshy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:45 AM

surfing the net i might have found the answer to invalid scan freq click on start button select run enter dxdiag click ok directx diagnostic tool opens click on more help tab click the override button select override value and enter a value in the box that your monitor can support usually 60 then exit i will post another message in a fortnight to confirm if this has fixed the problem hope this info may help somebody else marshy excuse the text im no typist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users