Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't complete full scan

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ajg617

ajg617

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hello,
Need your help again. I can not complete a full scan on my XP SP3 desktop (home built about 8 years ago). This has been going on for sometime and I've contacted McAfee support on at least 5 occasions. The symptoms differ but each time I try to run a complete scan, the system will either freeze (sometimes the mouse will move the cursor, but the keyboard response will do nothing - both are wireless and run off the same USB plugin), BSOD with restart, or create registry errors detected by McAfee's Virtual Technician. Running two 1TB Western Digital drives (one is empty - was going to load Win 7 but just never got there), 2GB memory, Nvida video card, 3.4GHz P4.

Problem started some months back after both a Windows and McAfee update. I've run disk utilities and memtest with no know HW problems. Removed McAfee and installed MS free anti-virus to see if that would finish a scan. Nope. Application error logs have McAfee errors going back to May.

Any help would be appreciated.
regards,
AJG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users