Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Find duplicate files easily

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cLinic5a

cLinic5a

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hello and thank you for fielding my question.
I installed "find duplicate files easily" and when i ran it it moved a large part of my files to a directory
the desktop. I had set it to only copy but it still moved them. The program goes by other names like mp3
organizer, or file organizer. They have many websites using names like findduplicatepictures, mp3s, FindDuplicateFiles.org,
IdealSorter.com, Teklora.com. Teklora seems to be the main company. What the program does is it organizes your
files for you basically it moves everything to a folder on your desktop, even when you specify it only copy.
The trial version has a 99 file limit. After that limit you have to wait an increasing amount of time before you
can continue. Needless, to say, i have way more than 99 duplicates and was up to waiting a long time between prompts before
I figured out how to stop it. You have to click on the prompt to continue then real fast go to your tray icons and
tell the program to stop. Those prompts keep asking you to register to eliminate the delay. I figure most people
won't want to wait and eventually buy the program just to avoid clicking forever. Now that I have stopped it
I can't find a way to undo the file moving. So now all my files are out-of-order on a folder on my desktop arranged
by file extension and date. Numerous emails to their support over the past week have resulted in no response.
Does anyone know how to undo what this scam program did? I am at quite a loss since it even moved my desktop
icons.
Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

I've never heard of that program. Have you tried a system restore to get back to where you started ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users