Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar Notification Area

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pancake

pancake

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

Hello... Running Windows XP2 Home. For some unknown reason when I booted up PC today my taskbar notification area no longer hides inactive icons when not in use, as it has in the past. I checked the settings in taskbar properties and hide inactive icons was in fact selected. Tried unchecking and re-selecting this option, as well as re-booting PC, but the icons in this area all remain visible regardless of programs in use or non-use. I have run anti-virus, and spysweeper scan which both came up clean. Have also tried system restore which didn't change the situation. Does anyone have any suggestions how to remedy this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:52 AM

If you feel you may have a virus or malware on your system, I recommend posting a hjt log while your computer is still working.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:58 AM

Pancake: The 'Hide inactive icons' takes a number of boots to operate I have observed. If you have altered your system in any way, it will show the icons in full, but after a while it will revert to normal. No need to panic just yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users