Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dmboot.sys crashes virus scanner

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ok, I post this here, but it's not from my computer and I will be out of town from Sunday until the 22nd, so I might not be able to answer for 10 days. But I hope you make an exception and leave it open in case it's not solved until Sunday.

A friend has an xp system that runs about 2 minutes and freezes or gets the blue screen.
She run tdsskiller
esets online scanner
The MS software removal tool and whatever virus scanner she has.

They all freeze when she gets to the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\DMBOOT.SYS

She just got a blue screen with this code:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003,0x8A802B68, 0x8A802CDC, 0x865C863C)

Is there a chance to can help me help my friend.
And please as I said, if this isn't resolved until Sunday morning US central time, please leave this open as I will be out of town with unknown internet connections.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users