Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Valid Safe Programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

I have been looking for the thread where there was info. on the site where u can check on wether or not a Spyware Program is a valid and safe one. Why I did not bookmark it I do not know. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

We use this site to check the HJT logs. :thumbsup: SpywareWarrior.com
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

Spyware warrior is a+ the best site! Really helps me in HJT!

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:00 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks a Bunch!!! Phawgg I was trying to help out another member. So you not only helped me. They can reap the benefits from this link as well.

Edited by scarlett, 11 November 2004 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:07 PM

Helpin' each other is the name of the game, Scarlett :thumbsup:

Marginally effective anti-spyware (or anti-malware) programs aren't good, so it's important to have someway to kinda compare 'em. The problems develop in such a way, quickly, that it's best to have a couple anti-malware apps on your machine so what one doesn't catch this week, the other might. In anti-virus, a pair 'o them wil probably confict with each other. ( don't ask me why, exactly... but they will. ) The same can hold true for the others, but trial & error on the part of many people can establish that some will work, some won't and that's why there are so few recommended ones at the spywareWarrior link above. There are many in a gray area in-between though. I'll be comfortable with a select few and count on the definition updates they frequently issue. The on-line scans prove their value the same way, by sometimes daily re-defining what's bad. It's good to use them also.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:58 PM

Phawgg I'm gonna quote this post of yours in the other thread I mentioned. There is no way I could put it as nicely as u have. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users