Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem after restoring computer to earlier date

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 k.arch

k.arch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Last night I was looking for a engine service manual for my car. I thought I found one but had to download a "tool bar" first. The site said the uninstaller was included. I'm not very computer savy, but after downloading this, nothing was working. I couldn't get their ad off my screen. So this morning I restored my computer to 8/8/2012 when it was working fine. The tool bar went away, but my computer is really slow, freezing up a lot and some of the sites I use all the time, facebook for one, when I try to go there I get a message that says "unable to find locale data files. please reinstall" I have no idea what that means. Sorry if I seem dumb to everyone here. I don't know much about computers, just that I'm very frustrated right now. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give the name of the toolbar, which by the way did nothing to help me find a service manual. I would appreciate anyone that can help me solve this. Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from to the more appropriate forum.
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 11 August 2012 - 10:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 k.arch

k.arch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Never mind...after some googling, I reinstalled Google Chrome (after UNinstalling it a few months back) and now all is well again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users