Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uknown Issue(s)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Temujinn

Temujinn

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Acer Aspire One
1.6 ghz , .99 gig Ram
Windows XP SP3
Comodo Internet Security Premium
Using Comodo Dragon Browser

Alright so Ive gotten some slow down, been meaning to address it with some clean up, had issues connecting to the internet a few times I did a system restore to the day before it started and that seemed to fix.

Fire wall has been going off like mad today, and when I went to do a virus scan this is the message I got:

"Update Failed. Error code 0x800705aa. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

You can imagine my concern at not being able to run a virus scan.

I dont know that i have a virus, though I have had a huge number of global hook requests.

Oh additionally I will get an error about a plugin not working, though I have no idea what its talking about, and my browser is largely barebones.

I considered posting a HJT and other logs in the Malware forum, but I am not yet convinced it is indeed malware.

I want to say thank you before hand, as over the the years the folks here have helped me solved multiple problems with various computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

This has been reported at the Comodo site several times, and this solved a few problems -

Open the CIS (COMODO Internet Security) GUI and click on the "real-time scanner is set to:" link that will open the AV (Anti-Virus) Settings screen,
Now slide it from Stateful to Disabled.
Reboot and see if that helps.

Also there should be a record of the crash from cmdagent.exe in your Windows Eventlog's
Can you please check to see what is records there and post a screenshot of the error message ?

You can start it by typing eventvwr in the Run box after you press the Start button.

Thanks -

#3 Temujinn

Temujinn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Alright I tried the change with the GUI, its was originally set to "On Access" rather than "Stateful", I switched it to "Disabled". rebooted --which was full of its own complications, fought turning off, and Comodo still alerted for permission to shut down nearly every process individually.

Went to the run box, keyed in eventvwr, I cant find cmdagent.exe, but there are literally thousands of events so a screen shot wouldnt show you a fraction of it, and I doubt you want to weed through the entire list.

Am I missing a step?

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Comodo Internet Suite behaving wonky since their updates
Its saying "COMODO Internet Security Premium - Update failed. Error code 0x800705aa. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." plus it asking if i should allow everything, even though i already set up the permissions.

More From COMODO Forum
- error code 0x800705aa pops-up when i "Run Virus Scanner"

This message normally appears if the engine has crashed and therefore renders the whole CIS useless at that point, you need to reboot to get it to work again. Are you running Windows 64bit version ? there are a number of reports of people having sudden problems after AV database updates, can you set Real-Time AV to disabled to see if that resolves your problem ?

More COMODO Forum -

Let's open the CIS (COMODO Internet Security) GUI and click on the "real-time scanner is set to:" link that will open the AV (Anti-Virus) Settings screen, now slide it from Stateful to Disabled.
Reboot and see if that helps.
Also there should be a record of the crash from cmdagent.exe in you Windows Eventlog's can you please check to see what is records there and post a screenshot of the error message ? You can start it by typing eventvwr in the "start search" box if you press the Start button.

From COMODO FAQ -

12. Problem:
"Error Code 0x800705aa - insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."
Solution:
You didn't do a clean install of CIS 3.5, an upgrade was performed instead.
Uninstall, clean your registries, download and install the latest CIS.

I keep reading this as Uninstall your Comodo Fully and then Reinstall -

Registered users: Download the attachment at the end of this post.
Non-registered users: Download from one of the following locations:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mozuzj0dnnv/CIS%20Clean-up%20Tool.zip
http://sites.google.com/site/comodoremovaltool/
As a Reminder: This is not to replace the built-in Uninstaller (Please Run The Built-In Uninstallers First!)
Edited to repair tool links -

Edited by noknojon, 15 August 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

If the uninstaller will not work then use REVO (Free) Uninstaller >> Directions >>

1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it, go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help. The use of this program makes registry changes based upon what you select for removal from the Registry. Before running Revo Uninstaller please run ERUNT before proceeding to back up your registry in case you make a mistake.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button:

Posted Image

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:

Posted Image

4) Click Next. This will start the uninstaller for the application you picked. When the uninstaller is done, and it proves to be successful, and a reboot is required, then select NO and continue the below steps.

5) Follow the prompts during the uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:

Posted Image

6) Click Next again. Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed, you will be presented with this window:

Posted Image

You will want to select only the bolded items, then click on Delete. If any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Once done, click Next.

If it asks you to delete other files, then do so, but pay attention to the warnings.

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Install & run Malwarebytes free https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to find any infections and remove them if any
Completely uninstall Comodo as recommended, but don't reinstall it immediately
Do whatever maintenance your computer needs
Then reinstall Comodo and run it

On cmdagent.exe not being found in event viewer
I have Windows XP Pro SP3 and I don't see a cmdagent.exe (maybe it's because it hasn't appled in my case - I don't know); however, maybe Vista and/or Windows 7 has some exe's but I don't see any in event viewer in my computer
I checked both the Application & System lists
I clicked on Source to arrange the list in alphabetical order and it took only about a minute to scour through both lists. If I had found cmdagent.exe or an applicable event, a screen shot of just that section could have been taken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users