Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyfalcon's Aftermath Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

A few weeks back.. I got spyfalcon. Yet I stumbled upon bleeping computer which saved me from it. My computer was fine for the next week until it got spyfalcon again. I wasnt downloading anything and my internet activity was very low. I got rid of it again but this time, it left some trouble. Pop-ups from Internet explorer ( I use Mozilla firefox) keep coming up. They dont show a pop-up but here is a pic of what happens. http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6913443467.jpg&s=x10
This will minimize my gaming, interrupt me from work, but the strange thing is that I am not on the internet ( The internet cord is still in my pc though) I dont really want to reformat my pc because I had just fixed it not to long ago. Any suggestions other than just a pop-up blocker?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

Hi Man on the Edge. A popup-blocker is not going to stop the windows shown in the image above. That is not technically a popup. It is a message from IE saying that it cannot run activex controls.

Since there are legitimate activex controls, the security settings in IE might be preventing something that is legitimate. There are also malicious activex controls. Unless we know the control itself it is impossible to determineif it's Ok or not.

You might want to post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis forum and we can see if there are any remnants of SpyFalcon still on the system (or some other malicious files).

Follow the guidelines in the link below to post a HijackThis log:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

Sorry man. I hate to say this but your solution did not help. It said it got rid of a bunch of stuff but now the pop-ups are much more frequent and now the web pages actually display. I'm truly on "the edge" of just reformating but there has to be a better solution.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

I found this on another site, looks like a comprehensive solution. Hope it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:19 AM

Yes ... I have established the fact that I already got rid of Spyfalcon.... Now please help me

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

I found this on another site, looks like a comprehensive solution. Hope it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/

Just wondering with your comment, if you meant to post another fix from elsewhere, or ?? :thumbsup: But we thank you for posting our very own "Comprehensive Bleeping Computer Solution". :flowers:

Be (Another Site) Safe :trumpet:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:49 AM

Yes ... I have established the fact that I already got rid of Spyfalcon.... Now please help me

Old Timer one of our resident malware experts did offer help, and it is a tried and proven method. But you chose to ignore the help offered.

Sorry man. I hate to say this but your solution did not help.

If you had followed the instructions given, you would have been assisted by a qualified expert anti-malware technician. My suggestion is to follow the original help offered.

Be (thoroughly read) Safe

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

Just wondering with your comment, if you meant to post another fix from elsewhere, or ?? :thumbsup: But we thank you for posting our very own "Comprehensive Bleeping Computer Solution". :flowers:

Be (Another Site) Safe :trumpet:

I hadn't noticed its origin, I found it at motherboards.org, small world huh! :inlove:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:24 AM

.... I did follow the help he gave. I installed that stuff and ran it. All it did was find cookies.. minor non-threatening cookies. If you know much more than tell me and I will post for you my highjackthis log. Thanks..

#10 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:59 AM

Follow the guide OldTimer linked you to. There are instructions there for posting a HijackThis log. Here is the link again:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

That's the process, run those apps first then post a log. And make sure it's in this forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/posthjtlog.html

It's common for this malware to come in bunches so in all probability there is something else on your system that needs to go. Getting a log posted will start the process.

But you've been told such before. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ndpost&p=244939

Please stick to one topic and be patient. You've had several people try to help you, but there is no instant fix and there are more ahead of you. If you want the problem solved you need to work with us. Just browse the HJT forum to see what I mean.

You say you followed the instructions but you didn't do them all or you would have a log posted in the right forum already. We'll be glad to help you--and we're good at it. If you follow all instructions exactly. :thumbsup:

We always did feel the same

We just started from a different point of view

Tangled up in blue--Bob Dylan

#11 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:15 AM

Alright man.. you ain't understanding me quite good. I said I followed your guys instructions! I did everything that you said to do! I will post my log in hope that someone will find the bad.. well stuff

#12 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

Can someone on this site please help who actually has solutions that dont further make worse of the problem?

#13 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

Man, you just don't get it do you? There's clearly a lack of understanding in this thread, but it's certainly not on this end. The whole point of this thread has been to get you to post a HijackThis log, that's the best help you'll get to remove the trojan that is on your system.

Yeah I looked at your log, but I don't have the time to jump right into it. And I'll not have any of the helpers that might take it on waste their time if you are going to attack the very people who are willing to take time out of their lives to help you--for free I might add.

So you are hereby suspended and all your threads are closed. There are plenty of other sites where you can get help. But I suggest before you visit any other sites that you study this page for a while:

http://www.readingcomprehensionconnection.com/

We always did feel the same

We just started from a different point of view

Tangled up in blue--Bob Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users