Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 won't boot (black screen) w/ mouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thaumaturge Jay

Thaumaturge Jay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Okay, so I've got a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5200 running Win 7 Home premium 64bit.

Initially when attempting to boot up it was giving the black screen with 0xc00000e9. I'm not even sure what I did to get rid of that, but all attempts to boot the machine failed either giving that black screen or a flashing cursor. Anyway, that is now 'resolved' I don't know but it isn't happening anymore.

Now it goes through the "windows loading files" then the windows logo, which then turns to a black screen revealing the mouse cursor then the blue circle, which then goes away and just sits there black screen mouse cursor. There is control of the mouse cursor.

There apparently is no recovery partition on the disk as when I hold the 0 key down on boot up it just beeps at me and continues with what it was doing. Attempts at running in safe mode (in all 3 variations), and all the other (including the low res startup) result in the black screen with the mouse cursor...

I did create a 'recovery disk' on my HP Win 7 64-bit and it booted up to a command prompt screen see attached picture...

Attached File  toshiba.jpg   93.29KB   6 downloads

PLEASE HELP...call me an idiot and tell me you need more info, whatever I just need to get this up and running PLZ!!!

Edited by Thaumaturge Jay, 10 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Thaumaturge Jay

Thaumaturge Jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Okay, so when I closed the cmd window the following came up and just sat here like this, notice the little blue circle spinning and spinning I guess that's better than the hour glass? IDK still angers me that I can't figure this out...HELP!!

Attached File  toshiba2.jpg   104.64KB   5 downloads

#3 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

1. A. Restart the computer.
1 .B. Press and tap the F8 key about every second until you see the screenshot below.

Posted Image

2. Choose "Repair Your Computer".

3. A. Choose your keyboard:

Posted Image

3. B. Login with your credentials:

Posted Image

3. C. Try to use first "Startup Repair" or "System Restore" if Startup Repair didn't work for you.

Posted Image

Edited by ElFasso, 12 August 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#4 Thaumaturge Jay

Thaumaturge Jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

ElFasso, thanks for the reply. I've tried every variant of repair that Windows offers, all to no avail. I even attempted running Puppy Linux Live CD, which did load up fine, but I couldn't get anything done on the hard disk. Finally I ran across AVG's Rescue CDwhich revealed that the HD is TOAST! Luckily the machine is under warranty and is on its way back as I type to be repaired!

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users