Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There was Stuxnet, Duqu, Flame, the next? - Gauss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Title: "Virus found in Mideast can spy on bank transactions"
Article: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/factbox-gauss-cyber-spying-virus-165508555.html

A new cyber surveillance virus has been found in the Middle East that can spy on banking transactions and steal login information for social networking sites, email and instant messaging, according to a leading computer security firm, Kaspersky Lab.

Title: "Gauss: Abnormal Distribution"
Article: http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis/204792238/Gauss_Abnormal_Distribution

This is the first publicly known nation-state sponsored banking Trojan.

edit: Additional info

Edited by dev00790, 10 August 2012 - 08:38 AM.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

That is definitely an interesting one, and now our friends at Kaspersky are still trying to decrypt one of the modules, but they only know part of the routine; so we'll just have to see what happens and if people step in to assist them. .

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users