Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Appears - PC Gets Shut down

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shaunm

shaunm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

Hi,

All of a sudden a Blue screen opens every 5 minutes and my PC getting shut down within 3 secs since the screen appeared. I cannot read anything on the screen because of the 3 sec duration.

But there is a countdown kinda thing on the screen to the right bottom, also it has so numbers like 0000001200, and some phrases like 'dumb'

Can you please help to sort it out? I thought of using system restore, but unfortunately I didn't create one before. Please advise.

Intel Core 2 Duo

Thanks a lot!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

First can you get into Safe Mode at all ??

Are you able to get any of the minidumps to examine? You may require a clean USB drive and a computer to transfer from -

•If this can not be done from the problem computer, you may need to copy the Minidump folder to a flashdrive and then transfer to another working machine to zip them up and attach the zip file to a post.
Please zip up the minidumps and attach the resultant zip file to your next reply so I can have a closer look. There's a chance I might get some more useful info from them.
•Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump <<< folder
•Click on the first minidump file to select it.
•Hold down the <Shift> key, and click on the last minidump file to select all of the files.
•Release the <Shift> key.
•Now, right-click on any one of the selected files > Send to ... > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
The zip file will be located in the same place (the Minidump folder).
•Attach the zip file to your next reply.
When you click on Add Reply, you will see the facility to attach a file just below the box where you type your message.

Thank You -

#3 shaunm

shaunm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

@noknojon

Thank you so much!

Yes I can get into safe mode, and I will do as you said and will update the file in my next reply.

Once again, thanks.

Best,

Edited by shaunm, 10 August 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#4 shaunm

shaunm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

I am sorry, I searched throughout 'C' but didn't see a single file named "MiniDump"

What should I do now?

Thanks again!

#5 shaunm

shaunm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hi,

I have attached the dump file as you have suggested. Hope this would help you to analyze the problem :)

BTW, the forum didn't allow me to upload .dmp file so I did a name conversion as a .txt file.

Thanks,

Attached Files

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

right-click on any one of the selected files > Send to ... > Compressed (zipped) Folder. Or the file may be too large to upload.
The zip file will be located in the same place (the Minidump folder).
•Attach the zip file to your next reply

Thank You -

#7 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

... the forum didn't allow me to upload .dmp file so I did a name conversion as a .txt file.

That's fine: I am debugging it now.

@ noknojon: Simply change the .txt extension to .dmp and all is well. You have the minidump.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Thank You AustrAlien -

I wondered why the text was not as it should be - :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users