Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted data-Where did it go?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Droid86

Droid86

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have a virtual server for a file server and i was cleaning up some files from my computer on that server and deleted some files in a different folder, just trying to tidy up, and it started deleting all originals???? I logged into the file server and there is nothing in the recycling bin or the one on my computer. Please help, where did it go?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Droid86

Droid86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Anyone know the best recovery tool to use to get those files back?

#3 Droid86

Droid86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Anyone know the best recovery tool to use to get those files back?

Yeah, there is a nice one that you can get that should recover those files, Active @ undelete. Works pretty good.

#4 Droid86

Droid86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Oh, hey, thanks for your help buddy..........

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

So you got the problem fixed with the help of...you?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#6 Droid86

Droid86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Yep, just couldn't find it on here, and eventually found out on my own. Just to let everyone know, data that is deleted from a computer that is not on that computer (via network folders or whatever) is not stored in recycling bin for later. It is deleted (cut) still on the HDD until it is overwriten. Find that data with this nifty tool @undelete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users