Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to record a video chat

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 raj29

raj29

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

I have a Logitech C110 Webcam installed in my PC. And it running smoothly. Sometimes I do video chatting on Omegle. Can anybody help me how to record a chat session with text and video with the help of my web cam.

Regard,
Rajarshi
:clapping::thumbup2::busy:
I am the Saint and the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But don't think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Sword were to speak...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raj29

raj29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Please urgent help is needed. Can anyone tell me the process.

Regards,
Rajarshi
I am the Saint and the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But don't think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Sword were to speak...

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

A quick google search using the terms 'record omegle chat' turns up quite a few possibilities.

I personally have no idea how this is done or what an Omegle is.

It's apparent you have asked a question our members are unfamiliar with or feel unqualified to answer. Repeatedly asking the same question with a new topic again and again still won't get an answer. If after some time you don't get a reply to the origianl topic it's okay to 'bump' your topic. It doesn't need a new one created.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

You said in another topic you wanted a free program. Would you be interested in a program you have to buy? I know of one that might work. It also has free trial you can try.

I won't mention it until you say whether or not this is an option you will consider.

#5 raj29

raj29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

@ Animal--- I apologize for my new topic but it is very important as I say earlier. Whatever, you can also lock this topic.

@Queen-Evie----- Sorry, I need a freeware so it is not important to know the name of a commercial one. Thanks to you all for helping me.

#6 mr roman

mr roman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Try http://camstudio.org/

What is it?

CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)

#7 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Camtasia would do the job. You should tell the strangers you're chatting with that they're being recorded though.

#8 raj29

raj29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

@ mr roman ---- I have already installed camstudio, but as I say earlier I want to replace it with another freeware of same type. coz, its video quality is not so good. Whatever thanks for helping me.

@ Ted Striker ----- Thanks for your valuable information but I want a freeware, but it seems that Camtasia is not a freeware. So, its not good for me. Thanks for your reply.

#9 forum junkie

forum junkie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Well, Camtasia is free for a month I think .

how about an online one? http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/screen_recorder is free to use

http://www.screenr.com/ is another way to record the screen online.

#10 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,067 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Just to add another option to the list here

VLC contains the facility to record your own screen, I should imagine ti will work here. VLC is free software and very useful to have around as a video player, but sometimes things like screen recording can be a little tricky to set up with it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/120202/how-to-record-your-desktop-to-a-file-or-stream-it-over-the-internet-with-vlc/?PageSpeed=noscript

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Edited by rp88, 09 January 2015 - 05:34 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users