Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OCing my i5 2500k, questions and what-not.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AnonymousPC

AnonymousPC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

All right, so I've been gaming on my computer, and everything works out quite well in all maximum quality graphics-- there's this one area on the game that's pretty unplayable though, is very heavy CPU oriented, and I wanted to see if overclocking just during the time period when I have to participate in the event would help me any.

I'm really paranoid about overclocking. I've never done it, and I don't happen to know the first thing about it. Essentially if something did go wrong in particular, I couldn't replace any parts for the next month or two.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
GPU: GTX 560 TI
Ram: 8 GB

Okie thanks anyone :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm really paranoid about overclocking. I've never done it, and I don't happen to know the first thing about it.

best advice i can offer at this time is don't do it then ,(Murphys law,"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".) ,thats when it will break on you ,just when you can fix it

Edited by caperjac, 09 August 2012 - 05:42 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users