Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help setting up a wireless network using apple airport express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 symple19

symple19

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

So my mom has an airport express and wants to basically use it as a wireless router so she can surf the internet (doesn't care about itunes/wireless printing, etc)in other rooms. I have zero experience with Apple products and would love someone to give me some step by step instructions.

Her laptop is an HP PC which is directly hooked up to her broadband connection (Charter is the ISP). I've downloaded the airport express utility but continue to be unable to get it to work...I also understand that apple uses WPA2 security and that it can be a problem in terms of compatibility with PCs.

Obviously I'm not a computer guru, so any help out there would be appreciated. Your forum has aided me a lot over the years. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 symple19

symple19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

she bundles so she has both a ubee and a motorola surfboard modem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users