Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Large Office Building Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jlove2908

jlove2908

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

One of my biggest clients is about to purchase a 56000 square foot building with about 200 offices. we are going to have two lines coming into the building. downstairs (day school, less computers) and upstairs (offices). Although we are going to set up most the computer hard wired we still need wireless. we want to have two different wireless networks, downstairs and upstairs. I'm am not sure what access point would be the best for what we are doing or how many I will need, i know i need at least two but most likely 4 or 6. We are about to Order the router and a few switches(Cisco SLM-2048T-NA). we also have two UNIX based firewall-honeypots for each line. if that matter for any reason. The two are Comcast Business Class-Static IPs

Thanks,
Jordan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

That question is near impossible to answer properly without a wireless site survey. Many factors affect wireless signal strength. You also need to determine how many connections each access point will need to accept.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 09 August 2012 - 12:58 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users