Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

who downloaded to me?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shokan

shokan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Is there any utility that will tell me after the fact who downloaded anything to me? In my case, it's probably an update of some kind. But it has already happened because I see in Networx > General > Today that sometime this morning about 600 mb was downloaded to my computer. Is there any record of the source of this download in Win7, Firefox or some utility I can use to discover today's download, and to maintain a log in the future?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hello -
It may not be unusual for a program to update itself if you are subscribed to it, like many Adobe products that Auto Update -

Thank You -
Detals of what Networx Can Show
Text edited to show link to programs base

Edited by noknojon, 08 August 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#3 shokan

shokan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Right, but is there a program that can log what's coming through my router, something that shows what it is and where on the internet it came from, something I can review at the end of the day?

Edited by shokan, 08 August 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hello -
Spy On Your Kids Using Your Wireless Router (Free Parental Controls) <<<
This may sound a bit odd relating to your exact question, but please read the detailed page linked as it is a general topic also

Thank You -

#5 shokan

shokan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hello -
Spy On Your Kids Using Your Wireless Router (Free Parental Controls) <<<
This may sound a bit odd relating to your exact question, but please read the detailed page linked as it is a general topic also

Thank You -

Could be useful. I'm changing my IP next month and will have a new router. I will use the info from the link then. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users