Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCeU trojan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billryley

billryley

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I have looked at this and several other download on different pc on to memory stick. The basic problem is that the PCEU trojan locks up your computer so your sticks and CD are of no use. I am trawling the net and downloading (via a differenc pc ,on to a stick) to attempt to resolve this problem,but I am finding all of the advice is of no use.This trojan has ben around for a long time and is being developed to be more difficult to remove. If you are infected with an early version you may be able to remove it simply by by starting in safe mode then reset to an earlier date. This worked for me when I was first infected 6 months ago.It has become more sophisticated now and will not allow you to start in safe mode,and even gets you an appology from Microsoft for this.

Split from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic443938.html ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 August 2012 - 09:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 billryley

billryley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi
I have been going nuts trying to find a solution to the PCeU trojan. This nasty piece of work grabs your pc and locks it up while demanding a ransome of (100) pretending to be the met police.
When I was first hit with this trojan about 6 months ago it was a simple matter to start my pc in safe mode then go back to a prior date.

Now however this trojan has become more sophisticated and will not allow you start in any of the safe modes and this means as soon as you log on the ransome demand is their again and you pc is locked.

I have tried several fixes that advice you to use another pc to down load a fix on to a memory stick and then load the result on to your own pc. The drawback with is that due to the new development as soon as you turn on your pc it locks up and the ransome demand appears.

It would be nice if we could keep up with these people and not have to wast time downloading fixes that will not work.

So far I spent 5 hrs to no avail

#3 billryley

billryley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

The solutions posted for the PCeU trojan are now out of date because this nast has been upgraded so as not to allow you to start your pc (at least in windows xp pro')in safe mode. So within a few seconds of turning on you are locked up with the PCeU trojan displaying a demand for £100

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 August 2012 - 09:52 AM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

#4 tekwise

tekwise

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Having not seen a PCEU virus for a while, I have had two in the last week. The one today went straight to the warning screen after login, no desktop seen at all. Scanning offline the virus was found (on a Win 7 system) in C:\ProgramData\ with a random filename EXE file. Renaming the file allowed the system to boot normally and I cleaned up the registry entry in "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users