Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Maxed out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yeboi

yeboi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

My toshiba satellite (4gb ram, intel core duo 2.4ghz, hd radeon graphics) keeps maxing out on the CPU as soon as I put the streamed video on full screen, its fine when its small maybe 30% and then as soon as its full screen its suddenly 95% this has only started happening within the last few days, i have run virus scanners etc, nothing found. I have no idea what to try please help!

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dognme

dognme

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Dont know if this will help you but it gave me some help Im not a computer person by any means I have Advance System Care 5 downloaded on both of my computers I notice that when I used my wifes desk top without logging her off and I just log myself on the CPUs jump up to the 90s and stay there I will get a pop up from Norton about high CPU usage and it be from MS cashe ( not sure how its spell) so Ill go to the process manager on Advance System Care 5 under the security tab and click for it to stop running the my CPU usage will drop down to 25/35 % - now this may not be your problem but you will be able to see what is running and the number that they are using

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users