Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Import Video's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LCarr474

LCarr474

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hello everyone!!! I'm back :)

So I have imported my videos to my computer that I need for work. The program that I have on my computer will not let me share those videos via email, put on our company website or upload them to social networks.

Is there a program out there that is free and easy to use to import (possibly edit videos... This is so far from my forte it is not funny), and share as I see fit.

Thanks in advance for any replies/help I get on this topic.

Oh some info that might be helpful: The video camera I have been using for work is a SONY Handicam HDR-CX190 not sure if that is helpful or not?

Thanks!

Laura

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi Laura,

I am not quite clear on what exactly your problem is. You say you have imported the video onto your computer, but what format are the files in ? Are they of the type WMV, FLV, AVI, MPG or are they DVD type files with extensions like .VOB ?

If they are DVD type files - ie .VOB etc. - then you will need to convert them to AVI or WMV or one of the other formats before you can e-mail them, upload them to a web-site and so on.

If they are of one of the WMV, AVI, FLV etc. types then uploading them shouldn't be a problem unless they are BIG files ! Most, I think all, e-mail systems have size limits on the files you send as attachments, typically between 5Mb and 10Mb, and that is not an awful lot of video. If they do not exceed your system limits, then the problem may revolve around system permissions on your work computer.

The software that came with your video-cam should allow you to change the format of your raw video, look for a setting that says 'Web-site' or 'YouTube'.

Regards,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

will not let me share those videos via email, put on our company website or upload them to social networks.

is the video format HD MPEG4-AVC/H-264 ?

I downloaded many HD MPEG4 videos (mostly Blender tutorials) from Youtube.
Seems like you should be able to upload those videos to Youtube.

http://www.reelseo.com/youtube-hd-update/

Videohelp.com might have some suggestions for free editors.

Oh, almost forgot. MPEG Streamclip is a good free editor, works great on Mac OSX, I never used the Windows version.

http://www.squared5.com/

Edited by 12x48y, 14 August 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hi Laura,

Apart from the suggestions made by 12x48y, have you looked at the Sony support pages ?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/hdr-cx190e

Apart from the manuals for using this camera with both the Windows and Apple operating systems, there are tutorials on 3rd party editing software and on transferring from camera to computer. This may solve many of your problems. The above URL is for the UK web-site as I have no idea where you are located, but the information isn't likely to change !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users